Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivors
This scholarship program was created to assist cancer survivors who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs.
The program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin.
- Be cancer survivors*, age 25 and under
- Be high school seniors, graduates, or current postsecondary undergraduates who plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
Employees and children of employees of Bristol-Myers Squibb are ineligible to apply.
*Persons who have been diagnosed by a physician as having had treatment for cancer and survived.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive:
- An award in the amount of $10,000.
- Up to twenty-five (25) awards will be granted.
- Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply each year they meet eligibility requirements.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- academic record
- demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- work experience
- statement of goals and aspirations
- personal impact statement
- an outside appraisal
Financial need is not considered.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
All applicants will be notified of their status by late April. Finalists will receive a Diagnosis Verification Form to be completed by their physician and faxed directly to Scholarship America (no exceptions).
Recipients will be notified by June. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as scholarship recipients.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America process payments in equal installments in early August and mid-December.
As part of your application, you must upload the following by March 31, 2018:
- Current complete transcript(s) of grades. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grade and credit hours earned for each course, and term in which each course was taken.
Also as part of your application, one online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf by April 3, 2018.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.