The ConocoPhillips Dependent Scholarship awards will be granted to high school seniors who are dependent children*, stepchildren or legal wards.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be dependent* children of full-time employees with ConocoPhillips U.S.** as of May 1 of the year in which the awards are made OR
- Be dependent* children of former employees who retired from ConocoPhillips Company having met retiree eligibility requirements under their applicable retirement plan, and retired board members, who:
- Are not actively employed full-time elsewhere, including self-employment, or
- Are not eligible to participate in another company’s dependent scholarship program offered to employees or retirees.
*Dependent child is defined as biological, step- or legally adopted children living in the household or primarily supported by the employee.
**Any U.S. subsidiary of ConocoPhillips in which ownership by ConocoPhillips (or one of its subsidiaries) exceeds 50% shall be deemed employment by a ConocoPhillips company with in the meaning of this provision.
- Be high school seniors, and
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university for the entire 2020-21 academic year.
Children of employees who were principal officers as of February 1 of the year in which awards are made are not eligible to apply.
- Up to sixty (60) selected recipients will receive a $4,000 award. The total number of awards will be limited to 25% of the qualified applicants. Alternates will also be selected.
- Awards may be renewed up to three additional years. Scholarship holders desiring to participate in plans for earning a Bachelor’s Degree in less than four years may petition Scholarship America for acceleration of scholarship payments. Renewal requirements include maintaining a minimum 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale and full-time enrollment.
- Students who drop below full-time, do not maintain a cumulative 3.00 GPA or who fail or withdraw from more than one-third of their total credits in one year will forfeit their scholarship. Students may petition for continuation of the award upon enrolling in the summer session to meet the above requirements. An exception may be made if absence from classes is due to illness (certified by a physician) or other exceptional reasons were the cause of withdrawal or failure.
- Students may defer the award if volunteering for or called into active military service.
- Students who willingly participate in illegal activities that come to the attention of ConocoPhillips or Scholarship America will immediately forfeit their scholarship.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
- If any recipient does not accept an award or fails to meet eligibility requirements to receive or renew the award, an alternate will be deemed a recipient and will receive the remaining portion of the original recipient’s award.
- Alternates are selected in order of originally determined rank. The highest ranking alternate among the group selected for that award program year will be notified.
- To receive the award, the alternate must provide proof that she/he meets the renewal requirements of the Program, including full-time enrollment and a cumulative 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale, or the equivalent.
Selection of Recipients
- Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, a statement of educational and career goals, and the Applicant Appraisal.
- Financial need as calculated by Scholarship America must be demonstrated for the student to receive an award.
- Recipients are selected by Scholarship America. All information received is considered confidential. In no instance does any officer or employee of ConocoPhillips play a part in the selection. Decisions are final and are not subject to appeal. The program is competitive; not all applicants will be selected as recipients.
- The selection process will not be influenced or affected by the actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, gender, or sexual orientation of any applicant.
- Recipients and alternates will be notified by email and by U.S. postal mail on May 1, 2020. Non-recipients will be notified by email only.
- Notification is sent to the email address you provide on your e-application.
- Recipients must return a completed Scholarship Acceptance Form to Scholarship America by the indicated deadline.
- Recipients must notify their school about the award and deliver the scholarship to the school in a timely manner.
- Recipients must notify Scholarship America of any changes in address, school enrollment, or other relevant information and send a complete transcript when requested.
Payment of Scholarships
- Payment is made in two installments early August and mid-December.
- Scholarship America issues checks on behalf of ConocoPhillips for the ConocoPhillips U.S. and Canada Dependent Scholarship Program.
ConocoPhillips reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- Current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course, and term in which each course was taken. Add your physical address to the transcript details.
- A completed Financial Data Form (click here to view and print the form) (if applicable)
Also, as part of your application, one online recommendation must be completed on your behalf by 3:00 p.m. CT on March 4, 2020.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically through the Scholarship America Hub.