Applicants of The Hanover Insurance Community and AVID Scholarship Program award must be:
- High School senior attending one of the eligible* schools in the Worcester, Massachusetts or Livingston County, Michigan areas
- Enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year
- Enrolled in undergraduate study no later than fall 2021
- AVID students who apply must be in the AVID program for two years and a current, enrolled AVID senior
Applicants who are children of employees are NOT eligible for this program but may be eligible to apply for The Hanover Employee Scholarship Program.
*Eligible schools include:
- Bridge Alternative School, Brighton, Michigan
- Brighton High School, Brighton, Michigan
- Charyl Stockwell Academy, Howell, Michigan
- FlexTech High School, Brighton, Michigan
- Fowlerville High School, Fowlerville, Michigan
- Hartland High School, Hartland, Michigan
- Howell High School, Howell, Michigan
- Kensington Woods High School, Howell, Michigan
- Pinckney High School, Pinckney, Michigan
- Abby Kelley Foster Charter School, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Auburn Senior High School, Auburn, Massachusetts
- Bartlett High School, Webster, Massachusetts
- Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School, Upton, Massachusetts
- Burncoat Senior High School, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Claremont Academy, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Clinton High School, Clinton, Massachusetts
- David Prouty High School, Spencer, Massachusetts
- Doherty Memorial High School, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Fitchburg High School, Fitchburg, Massachusetts
- Grafton Memorial Senior High School, Grafton, Massachusetts
- Leicester High School, Leicester, Massachusetts
- Leominster High School, Leominster, Massachusetts
- Millbury Junior-Senior High School, Millbury, Massachusetts
- North High School, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Seven Hills Charter Public School, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Shepherd Hill Regional High School, Dudley, Massachusetts
- Shrewsbury Senior High School, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
- Southbridge High School, Southbridge, Massachusetts
- South High Community School, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Tahanto Regional High School, Boylston, Massachusetts
- Tantasqua Regional High School, Sturbridge, Massachusetts
- University Park Campus School, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Wachusett Regional High School, Holden, Massachusetts
- West Boylston Junior-Senior High School, West Boylston, Massachusetts
- Worcester Technical High School, Worcester, Massachusetts
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive one of the following award designations:
- Six awards to seniors graduating from Livingston County, MI schools:
- two scholarships at $1,500
- four scholarships at $1,000
- Sixteen awards to seniors graduating from Central MA schools:
- six awards at $1,500
- ten awards at $1,000
- Fourteen awards at $2,000 for AVID participants only
- Awards are one-time only
The selection process will not be influenced or affected by the actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, gender, or sexual orientation of any applicant.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an online recommendation.
Financial need is not considered.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Notification of recipients is sent via email or standard mail in March. Nonrecipients are notified by email. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of The Hanover Insurance Group Foundation.
Payments are made in one installment in mid-July.
As part of your application, you must upload the following:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades, and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
One online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf no later than January 14, 2021 3:00 pm Central Time.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.