HollyFrontier Scholarship Program
HollyFrontier has established a scholarship program to assist dependent children of U.S. based employees and retirees who plan to continue their education in college or university.
This program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
HollyFrontier has partnered with Scholarship America to assist students. Clicking “APPLY NOW” will bring you to Scholarship America’s Student Portal. Please note that the Student Portal may match you to other scholarship opportunities.
- Dependent* children of full-time U.S.-based HollyFrontier employees** or retirees as of the March 12, 2018 application deadline.
- A high school senior planning to enroll in full-time (at least 12 credit hours per semester or the equivalent) undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year.
- A $2,000 award
- Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon maintaining at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA on a 4.00 scale in a full-time course of study, continued employment of the dependent's parent or retiree at HollyFrontier, and continuation of the program by HollyFrontier
- Awards are for undergraduate study at accredited institutions only
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership, honors and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Statement of goals and aspirations
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- An outside appraisal
- Financial need is not considered
Notification Applicants will be notified in April. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
Payment of Scholarships Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of HollyFrontier. Awards will be paid in one installment in early August. Awards will be made payable to the institution, on behalf of the student, after verifying the parent is an active employee of HollyFrontier.
Scholarship Organizational Committee The HollyFrontier Companies scholarship organizational committee collaborates with Scholarship America to administer the HollyFrontier Scholarship Program and is currently made up of the following individuals:
|Lacy McHugh – Cheyenne||Sarah Simpson – Headquarters|
|Jacqueline (Ellie) Vinson – El Dorado||Dickie Townley – HEP|
|Natalie Pavelek – Headquarters||Cassie Flynn – Tulsa|
|Sharla Carrillo – Artesia||Russell Walker – Woods Cross|
Rescinded Scholarships Scholarships will be rescinded if a student does not continue to meet the eligibility requirements of the program. The money that is not paid out when a scholarship is rescinded will be paid to an alternate for the remainder of the term. The alternate will be selected based on graduation year and Scholarship America’s ranking at the time of application. The alternate must meet the continued parental employment, credit hour, and GPA requirements.
Deferments Deferments of scholarships are allowed on a case by case basis. A request for deferment should be sent in writing to Scholarship America.
- An up-to-date transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.