The Holt Wallace College Scholarship Program
The Holt Wallace College Scholarship is a program designed to assist residents of Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Alabama and Florida who plan to continue their education in college.
This program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
The sponsor of the Holt Wallace College Scholarship has partnered with Scholarship America to assist students.Clicking “APPLY NOW” will bring you to Scholarship America’s Student Hub.
- Residents of Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Alabama or Florida by the March 30, 2018 application deadline
- High school seniors, graduates or current college students
- Panning to enroll in full-time study at an eligible* postsecondary institution the entire upcoming academic year
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- An award ranging from $1,000 to $7,500
- Awards may be renewed for up to three years, or until a graduate/undergraduate degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Students may receive a maximum of four years of funding. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study and continuation of the program by the sponsor
- Awards are for undergraduate and graduate study
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Statement of goals and aspirations
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- An outside appraisal
- Financial need
Once scholarship recipients are selected, financial data is used to determine the amount of each award, ranging from $1,000 to $7,500. Recipients must demonstrate financial need as determined by Scholarship America to receive an award.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does the sponsor play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Notification Applicants will be notified in May. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Payment of Scholarships Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of the sponsor. Awards will be paid in one installment in early August.
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- Copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040 used for the Financial Information Page.