The Resource Recovery Coalition of California has established a scholarship program to assist members’ children who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice.
This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin.
Applicants to the Resource Recovery Coalition of California President’s Scholarship must:
• Be dependent* children of non-owner dues-paying Resource Coalition industry members whose employer is a Resource Recovery Coalition of California member for at least three years as of the application deadline date.
* Dependent children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren living in the employee’s household or primarily supported by the employee.
• Be age 24 or younger as of the application deadline date.
• Be high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university or vocational-technical school for the entire academic year.
• Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $1,000 award. Up to 2 awards will be granted. Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon maintaining a 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent, in a full-time program of study and continuation of the program by Resource Recovery Coalition of California.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an online recommendation.
Financial need is not considered.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Resource Recovery Coalition of California play a part in the selection. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
All applicants will be notified by the end of March.
Scholarship America processes payments on behalf of the Resource Recovery Coalition of California. Payments are made in one installment in early August.
As part of your application, you must upload the following:
One online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf no later than February 5, 2021 3:00 pm.
Your application is not complete unless all required materials are submitted electronically.