Applicants to the Travelers EDGE Emergency Funding Program must:
- Be a current undergraduate student participating in the Travelers EDGE Scholars program, and attending an accredited two-year or four-year college or university at Travelers EDGE campuses in CT, GA, MD, and MN.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours during the academic semester at a 2-year school and 12 credit hours during the academic semester at a 4-year school.
- Have documentation demonstrating financial need for an eligible expense. Acceptable documentation includes bills, invoices, and receipts. Additional documentation may be required or requested. (There will be a 90 day limitation on when receipts can be reimbursed.)
Eligible expenses include:
- Utilities (shut off notice required)
- Housing/Rent (eviction notice required; students name must be on the lease/mortgage or proof of residence required)
- Medical/Dental expenses (elective procedures will not be covered)
- Personal automobile expenses
- Child care (overdue balance notice required)
- Tuition* and fees
- Public transportation/Bus pass
- Required course materials (i.e. lab fees, calculators, etc.)
- Temporary displacement costs will also be considered (i.e. homelessness)
- Books (must show that financial aid refund does not provide enough funds to cover costs of books)
- Professional designation exams (fees related to exam preparation courses and materials not to exceed $550 in an academic year and up to two exams in an academic year)
* Tuition expenses are for hardships related to paying unmet tuition needs. Funds will not be allocated for courses or tuition expenses outside of regular credit loads (i.e. summer school, study abroad).
Ineligible expenses include:
- Entertainment expenses
- Cell phone bills
In order to complete the process, you must complete the Supplemental Information Form and consult with your Travelers EDGE on-campus Program Manager before submitting.
Selection of Recipients
Recipients are eligible to submit two funding requests per year (July 1 through June 30) that may total up to $1,000. Recipients are not to receive more than $3,500 during their tenure in the Travelers EDGE funding program. All funding is contingent on availability of funds for the Travelers EDGE program.
Payment of Funds
Payment will be sent directly to your bank account via JP Morgan Chase’s Corporate QuickPay. If your request is approved, you will receive an email with additional instructions.Grants may be considered taxable income. Work with a tax advisor to determine if your grant is taxable. If you don’t have a tax advisor, you may be able to get free tax prep help through the IRS here
Travelers reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this Emergency Fund and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
As part of your application, you must upload the following:
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.