The TRUMPF Children of Employees Scholarship Program
TRUMPF, Inc. has established a scholarship program to assist children of employees who plan to continue their education in college or university. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited two-year or four-year institution of the student’s choice.
This program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, (age,) gender, disability, or national origin.
The TRUMPF Children of Employees Scholarship Program has partnered with Scholarship America to assist students. Clicking “APPLY NOW” will bring you to Scholarship America’s Student Portal.
- Dependent* children of full-time TRUMPF employees in the United States, Mexico or Canada. The employees must be employed with the organization for one (1) year by March 12, 2018
- High school seniors or graduates or current postsecondary undergraduates
- Enrolled or enrolling in full-time study at an eligible** postsecondary institution for the entire 2018-2019 academic year
- A $2,000 U.S. award
- Up to five (5) awards will be granted.
- Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance, maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) in a full-time course of study, continued employment of the student's parent at TRUMPF, Inc. and continuation of the program by TRUMPF, Inc.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
- academic record
- demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- work experience
- statement of goals and aspirations
- unusual personal or family circumstances
- an outside appraisal
Financial need is not considered.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of TRUMPF, Inc. play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.Notification
Applicants will be notified in mid-May. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of TRUMPF, Inc. Awards will be paid in one installment in early August. Awards will be made payable to the institution for the student.
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
For students in Mexico and Canada: Due to differences in educational systems, current secondary school students and students who have completed less than one year of higher education (university) must include clear photocopies of the following materials:
- English translations for all non-English documents.
- Academic record (transcript of grades) for all secondary education course work completed during the past three years, and
- Results of academic examinations.